Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General
 MetaMatica Forum : General
Subject Topic: Permission to let users register Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
webmaven

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 September 2007 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote webmaven

Is it possible to allow a directory where users can register?  The data is then saved in the database?  If not do you know of software that would work with your software that would allow this.

Here is what we are doing.  We want people to have the ability to upload images. (I found software to do this) but we want people to register so we can get email addresses.  Of course we will let them know that we would add the email address to our email database.  But I would then want to use your software to prevent anyone from accessing the upload area other then registered users.

Here are the registration issues that I see:

1. New user Registration and password (not and existing member).  Give permission for that directory only! No access any where but here.

2. An existing member of another part of the web site (paid member) to allow access to this section in addition to the regular member section.  I don't have a problem if they have to register on this page to activate access to this directory I would rather they did.

Is it possible for your software to do this?

Thanks
Raymond

Back to Top View webmaven's Profile Search for other posts by webmaven

administrator
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 5:59am | IP Logged Quote administrator

All configuration of IISKeeper (users, restricted folders, user rights) is in configuration database. (by default filterdata.mdb). You can superstruct any functionality yourself. Also you can extend database structure as you need. When you change the database, IISKeeper picks up the changes automatically.

Your task is very specific and I think that you need to create additional Web interface for user self-registering.

Also we will think. Maybe it have a sense to extend functions of IISKeeper in this area.

webmaven

Posted: 05 September 2007 at 10:42am | IP Logged Quote webmaven

Oleg;

Thanks for the info.  Not being a programmer will make this diffucult but that will not stop me.

As for expanding IISkeeper in this area in my oppinion would make sence allowing sections of the web site the ability to let users register.

I have just started looking and I don't see many products do what IISkeeper does and have user registration.

I will keep checking back for new developments and will let you know what I come up with.

Thank you;
Raymond

Back to Top View webmaven's Profile Search for other posts by webmaven

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version